Mimaki USA Opens New Midwest Region Technology Center
Suwanee, GA, May 8, 2018 – Mimaki USA, a global industry leader of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, announced today the opening of its new Midwest Region Technology Center in Franklin, Wisconsin near Milwaukee. “This technology center will make it easier for existing and prospective customers in the Midwest, one of the country’s strongest printing corridors, to see our newest and most innovative digital inkjet printing solutions in action,” said Scott Champeau, general manager at Mimaki USA. “It will serve to support our dealers in the Midwest U.S., as well as train and inspire end users within that region.” Led by Regional Manager Ross Esenberg, the Mimaki sales, support, and service teams welcome all to the Midwest technology center, which offers hands-on experience with the latest in digital inkjet printing technology, including UV curable, dye sublimation, latex, and solvent printing. The 16,585-square-foot facility is the site of solution demonstrations, dealer technician certification courses, end user software and applications training, open houses, and Microfactory events. A showroom is also available for visitors to view samples of the many types of applications possible using Mimaki’s printers and cutters. The technology center is conveniently located approximately 15 minutes from Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport at 4700 W. Ryan Road, Franklin, WI 53132. This new technology center replaces the Schaumburg, Illinois (Chicago) facility, which closed at the end of April. About Mimaki USA Mimaki is a global industry leader of wide-format inkjet printers, cutting plotters, 3D modeling machines, software, hardware and associated consumable items, such as inks and cutting blades. The company engineers and manufactures a complete range of products that attain the total workflow solution for sign/graphics, textile/apparel and industrial printing professionals. Mimaki excels in offering superior quality and reliable products, based upon its aqueous solvent and UV-curable inkjet technology. As an innovator and strategic partner, Mimaki is committed to always providing “something new, something different” in the marketplace. For more information, visit www.mimakiusa.com or on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram @MimakiUSA.
###MEDIA CONTACTS: Lisa Cane O: 678.730.1026 | C: 678.769.6727 firstname.lastname@example.org
O: 678.730.0100 x1130 | C: 470.655.8286
Mimaki USA Announces Internet of Things (IoT) Initiative
Mimaki USA Announces Internet of Things (IoT) Initiative
Suwanee, GA, April 9, 2018 – Mimaki USA, a global industry leader of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, announced today Mimaki’s IoT technology development initiative. On the technological front, IoT will support the automatic and unattended operation of Mimaki printer products and connected production systems. IoT development will enable Mimaki inkjet printers to communicate with robots, belt conveyors, inspection devices, various sensors and other peripheral equipment, such as pre/post processing devices. This connectivity can be customized to total workflow solutions and scaled as needed. Utilizing a multi-step communication process, the company will showcase the Mimaki Job Controller, which will communicate between the printer, a robot arm and a conveyor for seamless connectivity. This production line carries out a series of commands that feed the printer, collect the product and deliver the finished goods. Incorporated MDL Commands control the functions of the printer, which eliminate the need for manual operation and can be easily incorporated into any manufacturing line. This will lead to a future of on-demand mass customization to support the next generation of production. Mimaki will make it possible for customers to build an optimum system by creating and using MDL Commands that can be developed with the company’s SDK. This opportunity helps incorporate otherwise separate workflows and peripherals as well as creates a path for communication to Mimaki products. About Mimaki USA Mimaki is a global industry leader of wide-format inkjet printers, cutting plotters, 3D modeling machines, software, hardware and associated consumable items, such as inks and cutting blades. The company engineers and manufactures a complete range of products that attain the total workflow solution for sign/graphics, textile/apparel and industrial printing professionals. Mimaki excels in offering superior quality and reliable products, based upon its aqueous solvent and UV-curable inkjet technology. As an innovator and strategic partner, Mimaki is committed to always providing “something new, something different” in the marketplace. For more information, visit www.mimakiusa.com or on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram @MimakiUSA.
Mimaki USA Announces Mimaki Vision
Mimaki USA Announces Mimaki Vision A complete line of state-of-the-art media designed for UV, solvent and latex printing Suwanee, GA, March 22, 2018 – Mimaki USA, a global industry leader of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, announced today its new media line called Mimaki Vision. This line includes a gloss vinyl print media, Mimaki Vision Vinyl; a matte and gloss laminate film, Mimaki Vision Laminate; and a UV gloss laminate film, Mimaki Vision Laminate 310. The development of Mimaki Vision completes the company’s already vast portfolio of print service provider solutions. Currently, Mimaki manufactures an array of printers, cutting plotters, hardware, software and associated consumable items, such as inks and cutting blades. Mimaki Vision Vinyl print media was engineered with strong dimensional stability and low shrinkage. It offers strong adhesive force, leaving behind little residue after removal. Additionally, it enables excellent color developing with Mimaki original inks, providing exceptional weatherability. Its two-sided PE coating liner prevents moisture absorption. Mimaki Vision Laminate was designed specifically for solvent printers to be paired with Mimaki Vision Vinyl, enhancing the stability and low shrinkage benefits. The Mimaki Vision Laminate 310 is a laminate film with a gloss finish designed for Mimaki UV inks, but it can also be used for solvent and latex printing. It specifically helps diminish the effect of silvering by reducing the air bubbles commonly produced when laminating over UV ink. This, combined with Mimaki’s low temperature lamination process, virtually eliminates silvering. This film gives a gloss appearance to normally matte UV prints. The cost of the Mimaki Vision 310 laminate is less than that of similar products currently on the market today. Mimaki Vision is available for order now. Interested parties are encouraged to visit www.mimakusa.com/mimakivision for more information or contact their local Mimaki office. About Mimaki USA Mimaki is a global industry leader of wide-format inkjet printers, cutting plotters, 3D modeling machines, software, hardware and associated consumable items, such as inks and cutting blades. The company engineers and manufactures a complete range of products that attain the total workflow solution for sign/graphics, textile/apparel and industrial printing professionals. Mimaki excels in offering superior quality and reliable products, based upon its aqueous solvent and UV-curable inkjet technology. As an innovator and strategic partner, Mimaki is committed to always providing “something new, something different” in the marketplace. For more information, visit www.mimakiusa.com or on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram @MimakiUSA.
Mimaki USA Announces Product Expansion of the UCJV300 Series
Mimaki USA Announces Product Expansion of the UCJV300 Series Suwanee, GA, March 22, 2018 – Mimaki USA, a global industry leader of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, announced today the product expansion of the UCJV Series with the newly developed UCJV300-75, UCJV300-107 and UCJV300-130. These three printers offer a smaller footprint with the same operational features of the larger, widely-successful UCJV300-160. U.S. inventory is expected to be available in mid-summer 2018. The new UCJV300 printers deliver a remarkable range of applications and versatility with layered print technology including newly developed four-layer and five-layer capabilities. Their integrated cut functionality enables volume production of labels, decals, window clings, vehicle markings and more in each unit. The printers also utilize flexible UV inks that cure instantly, allowing customers to quickly print and immediately laminate or deliver the finished product without waiting for drying. With the capability of layered printing, each printer can deliver dynamic backlit graphics, or graphics that are transformed with different light sources, which are certain to command high margins. UV-curable inks also offer greater opacity with less ink consumption than other ink formulations. Mimaki’s high-opacity white ink combined with five-layered printing enables specialized applications, such as “push/pull” door signs. As GREENGUARD certified products utilizing Mimaki original inks, the UCJV Series printers have met some of the world's most comprehensive standards for low emissions of VOCs. All of the machines also reduce environmental impact using low heat output and power consumption, and ensure healthier printing with UV inks. Each of the print-and-cut machines include RasterLink6 Plus software, featuring design plug-ins and an ID Cut function that improves production. Core Technologies include Mimaki Advanced Pass System 4, Variable Dot Printing, Waveform Control, Mimaki Circulation Technology, Nozzle Check Unit and Nozzle Recovery System. The UCJV300-75, UCJV300-107 and UCJV300-130 can be pre-ordered now. Interested parties are encouraged to contact their local Mimaki office for more information. About Mimaki USA Mimaki is a global industry leader of wide-format inkjet printers, cutting plotters, 3D modeling machines, software, hardware and associated consumable items, such as inks and cutting blades. The company engineers and manufactures a complete range of products that attain the total workflow solution for sign/graphics, textile/apparel and industrial printing professionals. Mimaki excels in offering superior quality and reliable products, based upon its aqueous solvent and UV-curable inkjet technology. As an innovator and strategic partner, Mimaki is committed to always providing “something new, something different” in the marketplace. For more information, visit www.mimakiusa.com or on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram @MimakiUSA.
Mimaki USA Announces Tiger-1800B Digital Textile Printing System
Mimaki USA announces Tiger-1800B digital textile printing system Complete production model system available as direct-to-textile or transfer dye sublimation models Suwanee, GA, Feb. 14, 2018 – Mimaki USA, a global industry leader of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, today announced the availability of Tiger-1800B printing system in the Americas. The Tiger-1800B printer is a purpose-engineered, high production digital inkjet printer capable of direct-to-textile or transfer dye sublimation output. It can deliver large-scale production at manufacturing sites and small-scale production at on-demand sites, making it the ideal printer for digital textile applications. The Mimaki Tiger-1800B brings operational efficiencies and reliability to large companies that are currently using analog screen-printing processes – or multiple, smaller digital units – to produce high volume textile runs for internal vertical markets sold via business-to-business or business-to-consumer avenues. The Tiger-1800B printer enables these businesses to overcome quality, cost and time to market issues by offering more efficient operations, higher resolution printing, consistent quality for repeat orders, and reduced operating costs. The 74.8-inch Tiger-1800B digital textile printer includes an adhesive belt transport system with belt washing technology and in-line heat drying unit for an all-in-one process for direct-to-textile printing. It includes a built-in PC with software for easy and efficient printer operation. High efficiency for all production runs The Tiger-1800B printer is a production model featuring 16 print heads in a staggered array for the direct-to-textile model (or 8 print heads for the transfer dye sublimation model), resulting in very high print speeds of up to 4144 square feet per hour. Usable quality can be achieved even at these high print speeds to meet volume demands, or to quickly produce shorter-run projects such as for regional or seasonal fashion requirements. High print speeds are complemented by a sophisticated textile transport system. Stable textile transport is achieved through twin pressure roller shafts attached to the edge of the transportation belt. Textiles are uniformly transported onto the belt through the rollers. Wrinkle and Media Jam sensors detect textile wrinkling or creasing early in order to minimize potential damage to the print heads from collisions with raised or jammed textiles. Technologies for improved performance and productivity The Tiger-1800B model includes a number of technologies and automated processes for consistent quality output and productivity. A belt washing mechanism that prevents stains on fresh fabric from ink remaining on the belt. It is equipped with two squeegees to prevent splash-back, and two heaters to dry and re-activate the belt surface. To ensure optimal print head maintenance, cleaning liquid is automatically applied to each wiper before and after head cleaning. This liquid enhances the head cleaning process and reduces daily maintenance time by ensuring a clean wiper. The Tiger-1800B printer features Variable Dot Printing where variable ink droplet sizes – small, medium and large – are precisely placed. Smaller droplets create smoother gradients and quartertones, while large droplets produce uniform solids. A standard Degassing Module reduces clogging by removing air bubbles in the ink, and an Ink Circulation ensures stable ink supply by constantly circulating the ink. Optional high production upgrades Options for the direct-to-textile model include: Roll Media Centering Unit featuring a feeding unit with a centering device and tension bar; a Jumbo Roll Unit; a Plaited Unit; and a Drying and Take-Up Unit for high density printed fabrics. The dye sublimation model includes the Jumbo Roll Unit as a standard feature. Availability The Tiger-1800B printing system is available for order now. Interested parties are encouraged to visit www.mimakiusa.com/Tiger for more information, or request a callback through www.mimakiusa.com/contact and enter “Tiger-1800B” in the comments section. About Mimaki USA Mimaki is an innovator and a pioneer in the development of digital printing and cutting products worldwide. The company has engineered and manufactured a complete line of digital printers and cutters, and offers a total workflow solution for the many applications found in the Sign & Graphics, Textile & Apparel and Industrial Printing markets. In 2014, Mimaki USA celebrated 15 years of serving customers in the Americas. It is an operating entity of Mimaki Engineering of Japan, which celebrated its 40th year in 2015. For more information, visit www.mimakiusa.com.
Mimaki USA installs first 3DUJ-553 photorealistic 3D printer in the Americas at Pictographics Las Vegas
Mimaki USA installs first 3DUJ-553 photorealistic 3D printer in the Americas at Pictographics Las Vegas UV-cure inkjet printer with more than 10 million color combinations part of a new venture for pioneering company Suwanee, GA, Feb. 7, 2018 – Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, has installed the first 3DUJ-553 3D printer in the Americas at Pictographics in Las Vegas. The Mimaki 3DUJ-553 printer offers an unprecedented printing experience with a number of enhancements to produce objects with high definition, fine detail and in full color up to 20 inches wide by 20 inches deep and 12 inches high. It is a color-managed device with more than 10 million possible color combinations for photorealistic output. Clear ink is available for creating translucent colors. It uses water-soluble support material that is easy to remove, maintaining fine details. “Pictographics has expanded its market by becoming a total solution provider and by partnering with other solutions companies,” said Craig Miller, President & CEO of Pictographics. “This is our plan for 3D printing as well, and the Mimaki 3DUJ-553 printer is a key component in our business strategy. What sets it apart from all other 3D devices is its color - more colors, brighter, more vibrant. We looked at the market and tried to match the available technologies to what our customers need, and the Mimaki 3DUJ-553 printer was best suited for the detail 3D work we want to produce.” Mimaki 3DUJ-553 key highlights
- More than 10 million possible color combinations for photorealistic output The 3DUJ-553 printer is a fully ICC-compliant, color managed device that can produce more than 10 million color combinations and achieve 90% of SWOP colors. It is the only color managed 3D printer currently available offering users the ability to reproduce a tonal range far surpassing that of any other 3D printer and enabling them to utilize 2D and 3D in tandem for photographic applications. The ability to create highly color-accurate objects and prototypes that can be reproduced without the need for manual hand coloring reduces finishing and prototyping times drastically.
- Mimaki technology combined with high quality modeling Mimaki’s printer and ink technologies enable high quality 3D printing that can create products that are delicate, extremely precise and incredibly realistic.
- Clear ink enhances product variations The 3DUJ-553 printer is also able to utilize clear inks that can be jetted independently or combined with colored ink to create translucent objects.
- Unique support material for hassle-free finishing Unlike many other 3D materials, the Mimaki water-soluble support material does not require lye or other harsh chemicals but is easily removed with water alone. Easy removal of the support material means that end users can create models and products with fine details and intricate designs without affecting the final design.
Mimaki USA introduces UCJV Series UV cut-and-print devices
Mimaki USA introduces UCJV Series UV cut-and-print devices World’s only 64-inch UV printer/cutter series, offers model featuring four-layer printing and white ink Suwanee, GA, Aug. 29, 2017 – Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, today introduced the UCJV Series UV-LED cut-and-print devices, the only 64-inch UV printers offering in-line cutting capability and models featuring white ink to enable four-layer printing. The UCJV Series will make its U.S. debut in the Mimaki booth 4019 at PRINT 17, September 10-14 in Chicago. The UCJV Series is available in two models: the four-color UCJV150-160, and the UCJV300-160 that can accommodate up to seven ink colors. Each can produce a wide variety of print-and-cut applications offered by many signage, commercial and packaging print service providers. UV-LED curing technology enables print service providers to utilize an expanded range of media including many thin film substrates that may be too sensitive for latex or solvent high heat fixation systems. One graphic, two views Four-layer printing, for example – color, white, black, white, color – available on the UCJV300-160 model offers an enhanced print capability that allows designers to build layered, transformative graphics for backlit applications. This gives print service providers the opportunity to offer something unique – a dynamic graphic that ‘morphs’ its image or color scheme depending on the light source. This distinctive capability enables designers and print service providers to produce high impact, premium margin output while maintaining low operational costs and reducing production time. Integrated cutting capability The integrated cut functionality enables volume production of labels, decals, window clings, floor graphics, POP displays, vehicle markings, packaging and prototypes, and more in a single unit. Additionally, the ability to pre-cut before printing prevents common problems such as film separation and other issues related to post-cutting on thin materials. Instant-dry for instant use UCJV Series prints are instantly-cured at even the highest production speeds meaning users can quickly print and immediately move to finished product, unlike other technologies that require slower production to accommodate for dry time or out-gassing. For many jobs, instant-dry, durable, UV printing and cutting can also eliminate the need for additional finishing, enabling print service providers to reduce time to sale while recognizing additional cost savings. White ink adds value The combination of white and color inks available on the UCJV300-160 model adds value to applications utilizing transparent or semi-opaque films. Compared to alternative inks such as solvent and latex, UV-curable inks deliver greater opacity with less ink consumption per square foot of coverage while maintaining image vibrancy and density. High opacity white ink also enables block out printing within a single print, enabling print service providers to easily and efficiently create window graphics that can be viewed differently from either side, as in a PUSH / PULL door sign. These features ensure higher throughput, reduced waste, and perfectly registered double-sided graphics with lower overhead costs per print. ID Cut function in RasterLink6 plus software The UCJV Series printers will ship with updated RasterLink6 Plus software. This new, feature-rich version of the widely used Mimaki RasterLink RIP software includes an ID Cut function to make printing and cutting easier and faster. Along with registration marks, RasterLink6 plus software will include a bar code on the print. The barcode, read by the crop mark sensor on the UCJV printer/cutter, contains cutting and rotation information allowing the UCJV printer/cutter to automate the cutting process. This function is particularly useful when running nested print-cut jobs, as the printer continuously reads the data for both single and ganged jobs. RasterLink6 software also includes a print preview for four-layer printing enabling operators to preview the transition effect before printing. Mimaki Core Technologies On-board Mimaki Technologies included for exceptional print quality and continued productivity.
- Mimaki Advanced Pass System 4 (MAPS4) - utilizes an advanced algorithm pattern to reduce visible banding.
- Variable Dot Printing (VDP) – uses smaller drops to produce smoother gradations, while larger drops produce uniform solids.
- Waveform Control (WFC) – utilizes finely tuned frequencies for each ink’s specific gravity and viscosity to precisely shape and place individual drops.
- Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) - continuously agitates the white inks to prevent settling.
- Nozzle Check Unit (NCU) - monitors nozzle outages and automatically activates a series of recovery functions.
- Nozzle Recovery System (NRS) - automatically assigns operational nozzles when an outage is detected.
- Half Cut (HC) – a proprietary function where the backing sheet can be cut leaving behind a small connecting point that can be easily detached when necessary, ensuring contour cut pieces are easier to handle with less waste.
- Over Cut (OC) - makes a cross cut at the start and end positions so the finished piece has sharp edges with no undercut fragments.
- Continuous (C) - crop marks are automatically and continuously detected for accurate cutting.
- Segment (S) - detects intermediate crop marks in feed direction and enables four-point corrections for each segment for accurate, long-length cutting, even if the image is distorted.
Mimaki TX300P-1800 direct textile inkjet printer available for order in the Americas
Suwanee, GA, Sept. 6, 2016 – Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, today announced availability of the TX300P-1800 roll-to-roll, direct-to-textile inkjet printer. This 75-inch wide printer is engineered exclusively for direct-to-fabric applications and will be on display in the Mimaki USA booth 1961, at the Specialty Graphic and Imaging Association (SGIA) Expo, September 14-16, 2016 in Las Vegas. The TX300P-1800 printer includes many features found in high-end direct-print models and has been purpose built to accommodate direct-to-textile applications. Capable of utilizing five types of textile-specific inks that can be direct printed on a wide variety of synthetic or natural fabrics, this printer is suitable for creating samples, one-offs, or individualized production runs that include custom fashions, runway designs and quick-response orders. Key features
- High gap printhead. The TX300P-1800 printer includes advanced piezo electric printheads that enable printing on various types of textiles. The high gap setting gives users the ability to print on textiles ranging from fine to heavy denier, woven patterns or raised fiber surfaces, while maintaining accurate ink droplet placement.
- Ink versatility. A choice of sublimation dye, disperse dye, textile pigment, reactive dye, and acid dye* inks will be available to meet a wide range of application needs. Two-liter ink packs are available for uninterrupted printing on longer runs.
- Textile handling system. A reliable textile feeding mechanism – including front and rear tension bars – ensures stable textile transportation. The TX300P-1800 printer uses a combination of tension bars and drive rollers to maintain the appropriate tension, for any textile used. The Auto Media Feeder applies calibrated tension to the media, maintaining stable and precise media feed and take-up on rolls.
- Waveform control. Each ink color has its own specific gravity and viscosity. To achieve precise placement of the ink droplets onto the media, Mimaki designed an optimum waveform, enabling the printhead to jet each ink color at the appropriate jetting angle without losing precise ink droplet circularity.
- Variable dot printing. Variable ink droplet sizes are precisely placed using three different ink drop sizes. Smaller droplets create smoother gradients and quartertones for high quality reproduction while large droplets produce uniform solids and accommodate for high-speed printing.
- Mimaki Advanced Pass System 4 (MAPS4). This technology prints passes in a gradation-like method by dispensing ink drops between passes. This Mimaki-exclusive imaging technology reduces banding, uneven ink drying and bi-directional stripes, resulting in smoother images with no distinct bands.
- NCU (Nozzle Check Unit) and NRS (Nozzle Recovery System). These two functions work together to provide continuous or unattended printing and minimize waste by ensuring any clogged nozzles do not reduce the print image quality. The NCU automatically checks for and cleans clogged nozzles before printing. The NRS enables mapping of unrecoverable nozzles, so that printing can continue.
- Bulk ink system standard. The TX300P-1800 printer includes the Mimaki Bulk Ink System 3 (MBIS3) that features two-liter ink packs. This system reduces ink costs when compared to ink cartridges used in competitive products, and enables unattended printing, freeing staff to work on other projects. When used in four-color mode, the Uninterrupted Ink Supply System (UISS) delivers continuous imaging by automatically switching from an empty ink pack to the full container of the same color.
- TxLink3 RIP software for textiles available. Mimaki’s TxLink3 Lite software delivers exceptional color management, color replacement, and advanced step and repeat.