Mimaki USA announces LA Series wide format, heat-assisted laminators and film
Mimaki USA Introduces CF22-1225 Flatbed Cutting Plotter
Mimaki USA appoints Naoya Kawagoshi to President
Suwanee, GA, Oct. 2, 2017 – Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, today announced it has appointed Mr. Naoya Kawagoshi to the position of President, effective immediately. Mr. Kawagoshi was previously Vice President, Sales for Mimaki USA covering the United States and Canada.
Mr. Kawagoshi came to Mimaki USA in 2012 from Mimaki Engineering (Nagano), where he was the Director of the Japan Sales Promotion department responsible for all sales promotion and marketing activity in Japan. Prior to that, he held progressive sales and management positions at the Mimaki Fukuoka and Tokyo branch offices. He holds a bachelor’s degree in commerce from Doshisha University.
Mr. Kawagoshi remains a member of the Mimaki USA Business Planning Division and retains his office in the company’s Western Region facility, located just outside of Los Angeles.
Mr. Yasuhiro Haba who previously served as President of Mimaki USA returns to Japan to lead new sales initiatives for the Americas, Asia/Oceana, and China.
About Mimaki USA
Mimaki is an innovator and a pioneer in the development of digital printing and cutting products worldwide. The company has engineered and manufactured a complete line of digital printers and cutters, and offers a total workflow solution for the many applications found in the Sign & Graphics, Textile & Apparel and Industrial Printing markets. In 2014, Mimaki USA celebrated 15 years of serving customers in the Americas. It is an operating entity of Mimaki Engineering of Japan, which celebrated its 40th year in 2015. For more information, visit www.mimakiusa.com.
Mimaki Dye Sublimation Inks Achieve ECO PASSPORT Certification
Mimaki USA introduces UCJV Series UV cut-and-print devices
- Mimaki Advanced Pass System 4 (MAPS4) - utilizes an advanced algorithm pattern to reduce visible banding.
- Variable Dot Printing (VDP) – uses smaller drops to produce smoother gradations, while larger drops produce uniform solids.
- Waveform Control (WFC) – utilizes finely tuned frequencies for each ink’s specific gravity and viscosity to precisely shape and place individual drops.
- Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) - continuously agitates the white inks to prevent settling.
- Nozzle Check Unit (NCU) - monitors nozzle outages and automatically activates a series of recovery functions.
- Nozzle Recovery System (NRS) - automatically assigns operational nozzles when an outage is detected.
- Half Cut (HC) – a proprietary function where the backing sheet can be cut leaving behind a small connecting point that can be easily detached when necessary, ensuring contour cut pieces are easier to handle with less waste.
- Over Cut (OC) - makes a cross cut at the start and end positions so the finished piece has sharp edges with no undercut fragments.
- Continuous (C) - crop marks are automatically and continuously detected for accurate cutting.
- Segment (S) - detects intermediate crop marks in feed direction and enables four-point corrections for each segment for accurate, long-length cutting, even if the image is distorted.
Mimaki USA Opens New Canada Location
Mimaki USA announces JFX200-2531 UV-LED extended-bed printer
- For high scratch and chemical resistance: LH-100 ink; available in C, M, Y, K, W, Clear.
- For balanced adhesion and flexibility: LUS-150 ink; available in C, M, Y, K, Lc, Lm, W.
- For more flexible outdoor applications: LUS-200 ink; available in C, M, Y, K, W.
- For up to 350% elongation for thermoforming applications: LUS-350 ink; available in C, M, Y, K, W.
- Jettable primer is also available.
Mimaki USA announces UJF Mark II Series UV-LED flatbed printers
- Produce higher quality output, faster, and more efficiently. The UJF MkII Series printers combine higher accuracy dot placement with speed improvements of up to 20 percent over the previous generation.
- Consistent output for tight deadlines and demanding customers. A fully enclosed print area greatly reduces the chances of dust or other airborne particle contamination, reducing re-prints and ensuring production stays on track. It also enables placement in more demanding environments such as a production floor.
- Automated efficiencies for maximum production with minimal effort. Laser sensor media detection and automated gap check ensure that the print head is at the optimal height on each print. One-liter bottles have replaced the smaller cartridge system of previous models, making ink delivery more efficient. All bottles fit into a Mimaki Bulk Ink System (MBIS) for efficient change-out when empty. The switch to one liter bottles also ensures customers running other Mimaki UV-LED printers can better manage their overall inventory when using compatible Mimaki original inks.
- Workflow enhancements streamline production. UJF MkII Series printers are fully networkable with industry standard Gigabit Ethernet for multiple printer connections over greater distances ensuring the highest productivity. Production on UJF MkII Series printers is made more efficient with an automated hot folder-based workflow. Users can take advantage of features in RasterLink6 RIP software such as the ability to build a template and auto-populate the data using Variable Data with the Adobe® InDesign® Data Merge function or third party VDP plug-ins, to create a table’s-worth of personalized items.
- Integrated tools for high tolerance repeatable output. Ball screw table movement paired with precise ink drop placement results in enhanced image quality. The UJF print table also utilizes threaded registration pins for repeatable media placement. A vacuum table ensures better fixation of challenging materials. Combined, these features ensure consistent accuracy resulting in beautiful images, maximum production and minimal waste even with the most complex jobs.