Suwanee, GA, April 19, 2019 – Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide-format printers and cutters, announces the launch of the new 3DFF-222 desktop 3D printer, a product co-branded with Sindoh, a manufacturer of 3D printers and multi-function printers based in South Korea. The Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) solution has been developed as an in-house design and production tool, ideal for parts such as jigs used in direct-to-object printing and tools for producing three-dimensional signage.
The 3DFF-222 system prints in PLA material. Using easy-to-load filament cartridges, it prints parts up to 8.27” x 7.87” x 7.67” (W x D x H) and offers remote monitoring of each print job through an included app. The new platform joins the 3DUJ-553 in Mimaki’s portfolio of 3D printers, to which Mimaki has applied the expertise from its long heritage in the graphic arts.
“Flexibility and ease-of-use are key features of the new desktop 3D printer. This printer also complements our industrial printers seamlessly,” said Michael Maxwell, senior manager at Mimaki USA. “The 3DFF-222 is capable of inexpensively producing customized print jigs, which can be used to stabilize print quality when printing on UV-LED flatbed printers from our UJF Series. Additionally, customers can create objects for decoration as well as a variety of signage.”
Key features of the 3DFF-222
- Automatic Filament Installation – filament is automatically loaded and supplied to the nozzle after installation without the need to feed manually
- Heated Flexible Bed – built-in thermostatic function enables both stable formation and easy removal of the model once it’s ready
- Semi-Automatic Bed Leveling – measures the horizontal error of the table and instructs the color monitor to maintain a leveled position
- Full-Color Touch Panel – 5-inch full-color touch panel with illustrated instructions makes for simple operation
- Remote Monitoring – built-in camera for remote monitoring with a smartphone or tablet
- HEPA Filter – installed filter ensures only clean air is released into the surrounding environment
- Fully Covered Compact Design – eliminates the disruption of contaminants adhering to the model while printing
- Quiet Printing – designed specifically to reduce noise levels during operation
“The new desktop 3D printer is designed to fit the needs of modern print production environments and it is suitable for a broad range of uses,” added Maxwell, “This latest product introduction demonstrates Mimaki’s commitment to driving innovation and providing our customers with profit-enhancing solutions.”
The 3DFF-222 is available for order now. Visit www.mimakiusa.com/3DFF for more information.
About Mimaki USA
Mimaki is a global industry leader of wide-format inkjet printers, cutting plotters, 3D modeling machines, software, hardware and associated consumable items, such as inks and cutting blades. The company engineers and manufactures a complete range of products that provide a total workflow solution for the sign graphics, textile & apparel, industrial products and 3D markets. Mimaki excels in offering superior quality and reliable products, based upon its aqueous, solvent and UV-curable inkjet technology. The company’s tagline, “We Are Wide Format,” highlights Mimaki’s commitment of delivering cutting-edge technologies for more than 40 years. For more information, visit www.mimakiusa.com or on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram @MimakiUSA.