List Price: $27,995 USD*
The Only 64-inch UV Printer Offering In-line Cutting Capability And Featuring White Ink For Four-layer Printing.
The Mimaki UCJV300-160 cut-and-print device provides more than a simple print and cut experience: it goes beyond extraordinary to deliver an awe-inspiring range of applications and versatility. The UCJV300-160 model is the only 64-inch UV printer offering in-line cutting capability, and featuring white ink to enable four-layer printing. Create stunning transitional backlit panels that ‘change’ color schemes with the light source. Print and cut – or cut first then print – labels, decals, window clings, vehicle markings, etc., all on one unit. Flexible UV cure inks expand the possibilities for you to offer unique capabilities to keep you competitive.
The Mimaki UCJV300-160:
- Wide format, UV-LED cut-and-print device
- 64-inch, roll-based
- 4 or 7 color configuration
- Four-layer printing to build layered, transformative graphics for backlit applications
- Integrated cutting capabilities
- Instant-dry for instant use
- 1-liter ink bottles
Highlights of the UCJV300-160 Cut-and-Print Device
Versatility in a UV Roll-based Printer
The UCJV300-160 model can produce a wide variety of applications, from backlits to window clings and nearly anything in between. UV-LED curing technology enables print service providers to use a wider range of media that may be too sensitive for latex or solvent systems that require heat to fix the ink.
One Graphic, Two Views
Four-layer printing – color, black, white, color – offers an enhanced print capability that allows designers to build layered transformative graphics for backlit applications. This gives you the opportunity to offer something unique – a dynamic graphic that ‘changes’ its image or color scheme depending on the light source. This distinctive capability means you can produce high impact, premium margin output while maintaining low operational costs and reducing production time.
Integrated Cutting Capability
The integrated cut functionality enables volume production of labels, decals, window clings, floor graphics, POP displays, vehicle markings, packaging and prototypes, and more in a single unit. Additionally, the ability to pre-cut before printing prevents common problems such as film separation and other issues related to post-cutting on thin materials.
Instant-dry for Instant Use
UCJV300-160 prints are instantly-cured at even the highest production speeds meaning you can quickly print and immediately move to finished product, unlike other technologies that require slower production to accommodate for dry time or out-gassing. For many jobs, instant-dry, durable, UV printing and cutting can also eliminate the need for additional finishing, so you can reduce time to sale while recognizing additional cost savings.
White Ink Adds Value
The combination of white and color inks available on the UCJV300-160 model adds value to applications utilizing transparent or semi-opaque films. Compared to alternative inks such as solvent and latex, UV-curable inks deliver greater opacity with less ink consumption per square foot of coverage while maintaining image vibrancy and density. High opacity white ink also enables block out printing within a single print, so you can easily and efficiently create window graphics that can be viewed differently from either side, as in a PUSH / PULL door sign. These features ensure higher throughput, reduced waste, perfectly registered double sided graphics with lower overhead costs per print.
ID Cut Function in RasterLink6 Plus Software
The UCJV300-160 will ship with updated RasterLink6 plus software that includes an ID Cut function to make printing and cutting easier and faster. Along with registration marks, RasterLink6 plus software will include a bar code on the print. The barcode, read by the crop mark sensor on the UCJV300-160, contains cutting and rotation information allowing the UCJV300-160 to automate the cutting process. This function is particularly useful when running nested print-cut jobs, as the printer continuously reads the data for both single and ganged jobs.
Introducing the Mimaki UCJV300-160
Benefits of the UCJV300-160:
- Instantly cures and cuts
- Superior image quality on a wide array of media
- Odorless and reduces environmental impact
- GREENGUARD GOLD – product certified for low emissions of VOCs
- No outgassing
- Low power consumption
- Low heat output
- Power efficient (uses 110v power)
- Uses non-solvent inks
- Ethernet and USB compatible
Mimaki Core Technologies
On-board Mimaki Technologies included for exceptional print quality and continued productivity:
- Mimaki Advanced Pass System 4 (MAPS4) – utilizes an advanced algorithm pattern to reduce visible banding.
- Variable Dot Printing (VDP) – uses smaller drops to produce smoother gradations, while larger drops produce uniform solids.
- Waveform Control (WFC) – utilizes finely tuned frequencies for each ink’s specific gravity and viscosity to precisely shape and place individual drops.
- Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) – continuously agitates the white inks to prevent settling.
- Nozzle Check Unit (NCU) – monitors nozzle outages and automatically activates a series of recovery functions.
- Nozzle Recovery System (NRS) – automatically assigns operational nozzles when an outage is detected.
- Half Cut (HC) – a proprietary function where the backing sheet can be cut leaving behind a small connecting point that can be easily detached when necessary, ensuring contour cut pieces are easier to handle with less waste.
- Over Cut (OC) – makes a cross cut at the start and end positions so the finished piece has sharp edges with no undercut fragments.
- Continuous (C) – crop marks are automatically and continuously detected for accurate cutting.
- Segment (S) – detects intermediate crop marks in feed direction and enables four-point corrections for each segment for accurate, long-length cutting, even if the image is distorted.
What you can do with the Mimaki UCJV300-160 Cut-and-Print Device
- Backlit and day/night displays
- Point-of-purchase displays
- Exhibition graphics
- Window clings
- and more…
Technical overview of the Mimaki UCJV300-160 Cut-and-Print Device
|Print System||On-demand piezo, 2 print heads, 8 color channels|
|Maximum Print Width||63.38 inches (1610 mm)|
|Print Resolutions||300, 600, 900, 1200 dpi|
|Maximum Print Speed||Up to 277.7 SqFt/Hr (25.8 SqM/Hr)|
|Ink Type||Mimaki LUS-170/LUS-175 UV ink: C, M, Y, K, Lc, Lm & W|
|Ink Capacity||1 liter bottles|
|Maximum Media Thickness||Up to 0.04″ (1 mm)|
|Maximum Media Width||63.77 inches (1620 mm)|
|Maximum Roll Weight||88 lbs. (40 kg)|
|Operational Environment||Temp: 68.86˚ – 86˚ F (20˚ – 30˚ C)
35-65% RH (non-condensing)
|Power supply||AC100V~240V x2|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||114.12” x 30.5” x 58.1” (3305 mm x 750 mm x 1180 mm)|
|Weight||414 lbs. (188 kg)|
*Print speeds are based on factory tests. Total throughput depends upon front-end driver/RIP, file size, printing resolution, ink coverage, network speed, etc. For best performance, always use Mimaki original inks. Specifications subject to change without notice. Mimaki is a trademark of Mimaki Engineering Co. Ltd. Copyright 2017, Mimaki USA.