List Price: HG model $25,995 USD*
Mimaki UJF-3042 HG tabletop flatbed UV printers
The Mimaki UJF-3042HG tabletop printer can print on a variety of substrates including plastics, metal, wood, leather and glass onto materials up to 12” x 16”, and up to 6″ thick. Three types of UV-cure inks can be used, and White and Clear (varnish) inks are available. An imprinting function supports variable data print runs. High resolution and variable dot printing technology deliver impressive, high quality results. Jettable primer is available to help ink adhere to smooth surfaces such as glass. The Kebab option enables printing directly onto cylindrical objects such as bottles and candle holders.
UJF-3042HG Go Beyond Imagination
- Create specialty items, novelties, awards, custom pieces and more
- Accommodates media up to 14.3” W x 18.2” L (364 x 463 mm)
- Can print on objects up to 6” thick (150 mm)
- High quality print resolution of up to 1200 dpi
- Variable dot printing delivers high quality with smooth gradients
- White, Clear, and Primer available
- Jettable primer places dots precisely where needed
- LH-100 inks offer high scratch and chemical resistance
- LF-140 inks adds Light Cyan and Light Magenta for application versatility
- LF-200 inks enable stretching of ink up to 200%
- Nozzle Check Unit and Nozzle Recovery System
- Low-energy UV-LED lamps enable printing on heat-sensitive substrates
Highlights of the Mimaki UJF-3042HG
The Ability to get Creative
With a Mimaki UJF-3042HG printer you can produce any number of imaginative items. A few examples include: custom smartphone covers, personalized writing instruments, announcement boards (on glass or other substrates), nameplates (both full color and etched), lenticular panels, membrane switch panels, photo album covers, custom wine bottles, and a wide range of novelty and gift items.
Variable Drop Printing
The advantage of variable drop printing is most apparent when printing color gradations in light or pastel colors.
Product video of the UJF-3042HG
White, Primer and Clear
Add White ink to print onto clear acrylic to create backlit panels or to print on wood, metal, or non-white surfaces. Mimaki Circulation Technology regularly circulates White ink between the supply and the print head to prevent settling. Primer helps the ink adhere to surfaces such as glass. Clear ink adds ‘pop’ and protection to finish a piece.
Mimaki’s UV-LED system uses less energy than other UV types, has a longer life and can print into media that could be damaged by higher-heat systems, allowing the machine to print directly on virtually almost anything, including heat-sensitive materials. Variable data printing is possible on a maximum size of 11.8″ x 16.5″ (420 x 297 mm)(A3).
The Kebab option enables printing on cylindrical objects ranging from about one to 13 inches in length, with a diameter from 0.4 to 4.33 inches. Add this option to produce custom products such as personalized beverage bottles, candles, vases, cans, etc.
Automatic Primer Application Function
Both printers incorporate an automatic primer feature, simplifying pre-priming process, which is traditionally done manually by wiping or spraying. Mimaki’s inkjet primer cartridge is simply inserted into the corresponding ink slot of UJF-3042, enabling the primer to specifically target the print image area only.
*Always test your intended materials before using primer. When printing with primer and white / clear ink, production speed is reduced to some extent.
Useful Functions to Ensure Print Quality
- Mimaki Spray Suppressor System prevents satellite ink drops, ensuring higher print reliability, consistency, and quality.
- Nozzle Recovery Function temporarily restores print quality, reducing potential downtime if a maintenance issue should arise.
- Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) prevents pigment sedimentation and reduces ink waste.
Kebab option (UJF-3042HG)
Strong points of Kebab Option
- 360° direct printing on cylindrical item
- The on-demand printing – Sampling
- Printable on the cylindrical item
- Maximum length of 12.9″ (330mm)
- Diameter from 10 up to 4.3″ (110mm )
- Maximum weight of 6 lb. (3 Kg)
- Printing on the wide variety of the cylinder broadens the range of the application
- Easy installation on the UJF-3042 HG / UJF-6042 with the special connector
- Quick and Easy replacement of the table is possible
360 Direct print on Cylinders
Print by rotating the substrates 360 degrees. Adjustment width: Diameter 10mm～110mm. Maximum weight: Up to 3kg (6lb).
- Measure the diameter
- Diameter x pi (3.14)＝Circumference
- Print Area is obtained
Two Diameter settings
Bottle (Diameter: 61.5mm (2.4 in))
- Printing mode: 720 x 1200 dpi 16Pass
- Print data: Label (Y direction)
- Scan = 3.1″ (80mm) x direction(Feed) = 10″ (240mm)
Candle (Diameter: 11mm)
- Printing mode: 720 x 1200 dpi 16Pass
- Print data: Decollation (Y direction)
- Scan = 4.7″ (120mm) x direction(Feed) = 1.35″ (34.54mm)
Examples of Kebab products
Applications of the UJF-3042HG
What you can do with the Mimaki UJF-3042HG
The Mimaki UJF-3042HG model can print on a variety of surfaces such as plastic, wooden, leather and glass, to create awards, custom gifts and other specialty printing items offering almost unlimited possibilities when it comes to applications.
- Custom stationery
- Personalized writing instruments
- Key fobs
- Smartphone covers
- Business card holders
- Gift boxes
- and more…
Technical overview of the Mimaki UJF-3042 Series
|Print System||On-demand piezo|
|Max print area||11.8” W x 16.5” L (300 x 420 mm)|
|Max media size||14.3” W x 18.2” L (364 x 463 mm)|
|Max media thickness||5.9” (150 mm)|
|Max media weight||11 lbs. (5 kg)|
|Print Resolutions||720 x 600 dpi, 1440 x 1200 dpi|
|Ink type||Mimaki LH-100 UV ink: C, M, Y, K, W, CL
Mimaki LF-140 UV ink: C, M, Y, K, W, Lc, Lm
Mimaki LF-200 UV ink: C, M, Y, K, W
Mimaki PR-100 UV Primer
|Ink capacity||220 ml cartridge or 600 ml ink pack|
|Operational environment||Temp: 59˚ – 86˚ F (15˚ – 30˚ C)
35-65% RH (non-condensing)
|Power supply||AC100V-240V, 50/60 Hz|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||47.2 x 38.1 x 30.3”
(1200 x 970 x 770 mm)
|Weight||287 lbs. (130 kg)|
Ink for the Mimaki UJF-3042HG Series
|LH-100 Curable Inks||600ml pack*||220ml cartridge||1L Bottle**|
|LF-120 Curable Inks||1L Bottle***|
|LF-140 Curable Inks||600ml pack*||220ml cartridge|
|LF-200 Curable Inks||600ml pack*|
|PR-100 UV Primer||600ml pack*||220ml cartridge|
|PR-200 UV Primer||600ml pack*||220ml cartridge|
|LH-100 Curable Ink||Cyan||Magenta||Yellow||Black||White||Light Cyan||Light Magenta||Clear||Primer|
|LUS-120 Curable Ink||Cyan||Magenta||Yellow||Black||White||Light Cyan||Light Magenta||Clear||Primer|
|LF-140 Curable Ink||Cyan||Magenta||Yellow||Black||White||Light Cyan||Light Magenta||Clear||Primer|
|600ml pack*||SPC-0728C||SPC-0728M||SPC-0728Y||SPC-0728K||SPC-0728LC||SPC-0728LM||SPC-0728W||(Use LH-100)|
|220ml cartridge||SPC-0727C||SPC-0727M||SPC-0727Y||SPC-0727K||SPC-0727LC||SPC-0727L||SPC-0727W||(Use LH-100)|
|LF-200 Curable Ink||Cyan||Magenta||Yellow||Black||White||Light Cyan||Light Magenta||Clear||Primer|
|PR-100 UV Primer||Cyan||Magenta||Yellow||Black||White||Light Cyan||Light Magenta||Clear||Primer|
|PR-200 UV Primer||Cyan||Magenta||Yellow||Black||White||Light Cyan||Light Magenta||Clear||Primer|
*600ml ink pack requires eco cartridge (OPT-J0237).
**1L bottles require UJF MBIS option (OPT-J0411).
You may also be interested in:
Sophisticated RIP software maximizes performance. Includes intuitive icons that make option selections easy-to-use with a single-window interface.
*Price shown is for U.S. and Canada only. For Latin America and Caribbean pricing contact Mimaki USA.