What can I do when the head touches the media?
If the media gets corrugated or curled, it may touch the head and cause nozzle clogging or errors.
When possible, do not use a media that can get deformed easily.Please try the following when it is absolutely necessary to use such a media.
1. If you feed the media forward by several dozen centimeters, it may be smoothed and the corrugation may disappear.
2. Check the room temperature and humidity.
The corrugation is likely to occur when the heater is turned on under low temperature or when it is too humid. Also, even if the room temperature is high enough, the corrugation can also occur when the media itself is too cold. During the cold season, warm up the media under the room temperature and humidity before using.
3. Clean around the head if it is dirty or dusty.
4. Make sure you use a take-up device to prevent the media from getting loose.
5. Try to reduce the heater temperature.
This problem may be resolved by simply reducing the pre-heater temperature by 5 to 10°C. If not, reduce the temperature for all the heaters. However, since it may cause an excessively dry state or degraded image quality, we recommend that you set drying time or feed speed.
6. Try to change the height of the head.
For details, see “Q. How can I change the height of head?” Note that the image quality may degrade.