Mimaki CFL-605RT compact flatbed cutting plotter
Mimaki CFL-605RT cutter is a 20-inch by 24-inch multifunction, compact flatbed cutting plotter. It supports on-demand production with multiple functions including reciprocating, tangential and eccentric cutting, plus creasing for immediate finishing of packaging and prototypes. With a compact footprint of 52 inches by 41 inches, the CFL-605RT cutting plotter can fit unobtrusively into a design office or studio environment. When combined with an UJF-6042 UV-LED tabletop flatbed printer and packaging design software, this system provides the ability to easily and economically produce package prototypes that accurately reflect the designer’s intent.
Mimaki CFL-605RT Go Beyond
- Three types of cutting a variety of materials
- Reciprocating for substrates up to 10 mm thick
- Tangential for media up to 2 mm thick
- Eccentric for media up to 1 mm thick
- Creasing roller for precise folding
- Cut and crease without changing tools
- Vacuum system for securely holding materials in place
- 20” x 24” (610 x 510 mm) cutting area
- Cut media up to 0.39” (10 mm) thick
- Quiet, compact design suitable for office or studio
- Can be part of a total solution for on-demand goods and package production
Highlights of the Mimaki CFL-605RT
Rapidly bring ideas into shape
The use of digital on-demand UV inkjet printing has increased the requirement for creating original customized goods in response to an increase in high-mix / low-volume demands in the market. As part of an overall workflow, the CFL-605RT cutting plotter provides a rapid-response solution for production of items such as short-run or custom original goods, samples and package prototyping.
- Reciprocating cutting: for substrates such as foam cushioning materials, sponge or cardboard.
- Tangential cutting: for media such as synthetic leather, coated cardboard, reflective vinyl, rubber and fluted cardboard.
- Eccentric cutting: for media such as coated packaging materials, thin polycarbonate sheets, paper and film.
- Creasing roller: for drawing a ruled line that results in precise folding. The creasing roller can be mounted alongside cutting blade for cutting and creasing without changing tools.
- Vacuum system: for securely holding materials in place. Lightweight, thin or porous materials can be further secured by an overlaid adsorption sheet that enhances vacuum by reducing airflow through the material
Total solution for package design actualization
The combination of a CFL-605RT cutting plotter, a UJF-6042 UV-LED tabletop flatbed printer and packaging design software such as ArtiosCAD* Designer Solution provides the ability to easily and economically produce package prototypes that accurately reflect the designer’s intent. With this system, designers and brand managers can achieve packaging design actualization in shorter timeframes.
Quiet, compact operation
With a compact footprint of 52 inches by 41 inches, the CFL-605RT cutting plotter can fit unobtrusively into a design office or studio environment. Integrated casters means it can be moved where needed, and user-adjustable feet ensure stability once placed. A double-insulated vacuum unit operates quietly, on par with standard office equipment.
*CFL-605RT cutter and UJF-6042 printer are sold separately through Mimaki authorized representatives; ArtiosCAD software is a product of Esko-Graphics available through Esko channels.
What you can do with the Mimaki CFL-605RT
- Package prototypes
- Short-run packaging
- Custom original goods
- and more…
Technical overview of the Mimaki CFL-605RT
|Type||Flatbed cutting plotter|
|Driving method||X/Y/Z/Θ 4axes: DC servo motor|
|Material holding method||Vacuum unit (included)|
|Maximum media size||24.8 x 20.8 inches (630 x 530 mm)|
|Max media weight||44 lbs. (20kg)|
|Max cutting area||24 x 20 inches (610 x 510 mm)|
|Max media thickness||Reciprocating: 0.39” (10 mm)
Tangential: 0.078” (2 mm)
Eccentric: 0.039” (1 mm)
|Max downforce pressure||Reciprocating: 1500g (fixed)
|Max cutting speed||XY: 16.65” (423 mm) per second (45° angle direction)
Z: 1.18: (30 mm) per second
|Attachable tools||Unit A: Eccentric cutter, pen
Unit B: Reciprocating cutter, Tangential cutter, Creasing roller
|Operational environment||Temp: 41˚ – 95˚ F (5˚ – 35˚ C)
35-75% RH (non-condensing)
|Connectivity||USB 2.0, Ethernet|
|Power supply||AC100V-240V, 50/60 Hz|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||52 x 41 x 43 inches
(132 x 105 x 110 cm)
|Weight||291 lbs. (132 kg) cutter + vacuum|
Supplies for the Mimaki CFL-605RT
|Eccentric cutter: Swivel blade||Part Number|
|Tangential cutter: blade||PN|
|High-speed steel 30˚||SPB-0043|
|Super Hard Edge 2˚ x 10mm||SPB-0086|
|Eccentric cutter: swivel blade||PVC Sheet||Small Letters||Rubber Sheet||Reflective Sheet||Fluorescent Sheet||Low-pressure cutting|
|Tangential cutter: Blade||High-speed steel 30˚||Carbide 30˚|
|Creasing||Roller holder||Roller roller|
|Reciprocating cutter: blade||Super Hard Edge 2˚ x 10mm|
You may also be interested in:
Sophisticated RIP software maximizes performance. Includes intuitive icons that make option selections easy-to-use with a single-window interface.
*Price shown is for U.S. and Canada only. For Latin America and Caribbean pricing contact <Mimaki USA.