What is not covered?
The following items are expressly excluded from coverage:
- Any damage caused by using unsuitable inks or ink delivery systems in the products. Use of incorrect ink (for example,solvent ink in a printer set up for water-based ink) may cause damage not covered by this Limited Warranty. Also, use of non-Mimaki bulk ink delivery systems may cause damage not covered by this Limited Warranty.
- Any damage caused by the use of non-Mimaki original inks.
- Any service activity related to correcting or improving print quality resulting from use of unsuitable inks or ink delivery systems, non-Mimaki original inks or third party items added after the product was shipped.
- Print heads which have not been properly maintained as defined in the product manual or specifications.
- Print heads which are damaged by “head-strike” (the print head comes into contact with media as it passes through the printer) using too thick, too flimsy or rippled media.
- Service (including upgrades) performed by anyone who is not a service provider expressly authorized by Mimaki.
- Alterations and/or modifications to the Product.
- Use of third-party applications, software, parts, components, or peripheral devices, including any bulk ink system not authorized by Mimaki.
- Use of third party attachments or items not authorized by Mimaki.
- Alteration and/or modifications to the product.
- Use of media that is not compatible with the Product.
- Use of media that is not recommended or compatible with the product.
- Usage in a location environment that is out of specification.
- Any damage caused by misuse.
- Any damage caused by improper power source such as improper line voltage, improper periodicity, use of non-genuine power cable
- Any damage caused by fire, lightning or other acts of God.
- Any damage caused by improper maintenance.
- Service and parts related to periodic routine maintenance.
- Service where the Product label, logo or serial number has been removed.
- Customer consumable items such as cutter blades, wiper blades, cap rubber, filters and similar items. Also, CRP’s (Customer Replacement Parts) such as USB cable, flushing box and similar items, unless found to be defective in material or workmanship.
Mimaki’s obligation pursuant to this Limited Warranty shall be limited to replacing any defective parts of the products. This Limited Warranty of Mimaki shall be Mimaki’s sole and exclusive obligation and exclusive remedy for a breach of this Limited Warranty.
In no event shall Mimaki USA, its affiliates or the Mimaki license, manufacturers or suppliers be liable to the distributor or any of its end users for any loss of revenue or profits, or any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or reliance damages of any kind, even if Mimaki or such entities are made aware of the possibility of such damages.